Sanbrado Gold Project
Formerly known as Tanlouka Gold Project
West African Resources (ASX/TSX-V: WAF) is developing the Sanbrado Gold Project (formerly the Tanlouka Gold Project), a high-grade gold discovery in Burkina Faso, West Africa.
An open-pit feasibility study has confirmed:
- Forecast annual production of 150,000 ounces of gold over the first three years of the project and 93,000oz gold per year over the current nine-year mine life
- Probable Reserves of 894,000oz (16.8Mt at 1.7g/t gold)
- Indicated Resources of 1.3Moz gold (29.57Mt at 1.4g/t gold using a 0.5g/t cut-off)
- Low All-In Sustaining Costs of US$708/oz over the first 3 years and US$759/oz over Life of Mine
- Strong economics – pre-tax NPV5% of $143m, IRR 27% and post-tax NPV5% of $100m, IRR 21%
- Mining and environmental permits approved
- Camp construction and early site works underway
- Gold production expected to commence in early 2019.