Sanbrado Gold Project
Formerly known as Tanlouka Gold Project
West African Resources (ASX/TSX-V: WAF) is developing the Sanbrado Gold Project (formerly the Tanlouka Gold Project), a high-grade gold discovery in Burkina Faso, West Africa.
Results from the M1 South deposit include:
- 21m at 53.1g/t Au from 408.5m incl. 0.5m at 1,613g/t Au
- 29.5m at 20.7g/t Au from 349.5m incl. 1.5m at 250.3g/t Au
- 14.5m at 38.3g/t Au from 459m incl. 4.5m at 104.2g/t Au
- 8.5m at 38.0g/t Au from 296.5m incl. 1m at 260.9g/t Au
- 12m at 27.45g/t Au from 540m incl. 0.5m at 340g/t Au
- 11m at 20.4g/t Au from 286m, incl. 2m at 101.7g/t Au
- 13.5m at 18.21g/t Au from 575m incl. 1m at 131.9g/t Au.
Results from M5 deposit include:
- 8m at 17.5g/t Au from 452m, incl. 1m at 116g/t Au
- 29m at 4.96g/t Au from 128m, incl. 9m at 10.6g/t Au
- 15m at 5.03g/t Au from 256m, incl. 2m at 27.3g/t Au.
A Mineral Resource Estimate (MRE) for the M1 South and M5 deposits released in October 2017 confirmed:
- A 150% increase of Indicated Resource ounces and 100% increase in Indicated Resource grade at M1 South deposit; and
- A 40% increase in Indicated Resources, 7% increase in grade at the M5 deposit.
West African is continuing to drill at Sanbrado and expects to update the resource estimate in Q1 CY18 ahead of an updated Feasibility Study in mid-2018.