West African Resources Limited is focussed on creating shareholder value through the acquisition, exploration and development of gold projects in West Africa. The Company is the region’s newest unhedged gold producer after pouring first gold at our Sanbrado Gold Operation in Burkina Faso in March 2020.
The Company recently updated 2021 production and cost guidance, Resources, Reserves and 10-year mine plan for the Company’s Sanbrado Gold Operation. Highlights from the update include:
- Mineral Resources at 31 December 2020 of 81 Mt at 2.0 g/t for 5.1 Moz gold.
- Ore Reserves at 31 December 2020 of 20 Mt at 2.3 g/t for 1.5 Moz gold.
- 2021 production guidance of 250,000 to 280,000 ounces gold at an AISC of US$720 – US$800/oz.
- 10-year production outlook of 216,000 ounces average per annum 2021 to 2030.
- Exploration budget for 2021 US$12.5 million